Constructed of reinforced polymer and an anodized aluminum bedding block with steel recoil lugs, the Magpul Hunter American stock offers users a cost-effective replacement featuring fully adjustable length of pull, comb height, and enhanced ergonomics. Compatible with the Ruger American® Family of short action centerfire rifles, this stock requires no bedding and is your true “drop-in” solution. This stock is also M-LOK® compatible to accept a broad range of accessories to enhance your shooting experience. Included is Magpul’s Bolt Action Magazine Well and a PMAG 5 7.62 AC, which allows the rifle to be used with detachable box magazines without any need for custom inletting.
- Compatible with Ruger American® short action rifles*
- Bolt Action Magazine Well – Hunter American & PMAG 5 7.62 ACincluded for reliable detachable box magazine compatibility
- Reinforced polymer construction with Type III Hard anodized, machine finished cast aluminum bedding block
- High strength steel recoil lugs
- Compatible with barrel profiles up to medium palma
- Fully adjustable length of pull
- Optional 0.00″, 0.50″, and 0.75″ Cheek Risers available to adjust cheek weld (Stock comes pre-fitted with 0.25″ Riser)
- M-LOK compatible for additional accessories
* PLEASE NOTE: PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazine is for the 308 Winchester and similar sized cartridges. Rifles that use smaller or larger cartridge cases will require the customer to separately purchase an AICS pattern compatible magazine of their choice.
The Hunter American stock is supplied with a revised PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazine, easily identifiable by its brown lock plate and follower. Earlier generation PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazines can be identified by their green lock plate and follower. Due to some of the design features and geometries of the Ruger American Rifle®, the new brown follower and spring design was created to improve function with non-.308 based cartridges, such as 6.5 Creedmoor, in that platform, which also resulted in an all-around performance improvements in other calibers and PMAG AC/AICS compatible platforms. The earlier green follower PMAG AC will still perform well in the Ruger American Rifle® with the .308 Winchester based family of cartridges, but for best results with 6.5 Creedmoor and other non-.308 based cartridges in the Ruger American Rifle® in the Hunter American stock, the new brown follower PMAG 5 7.62 AC magazines are recommended. Non-.308 based cartridges may also not perform ideally in the Ruger American Rifle® in the Hunter American stock with 10 round PMAG 7.62 AC magazines, regardless of generation, due to bolt and interface geometry.
- Weight: 3.3 lbs (w/two Spacers and BAMW installed)
- LOP Adjustment Range: ~13.0-15.0 in.
- Width of Forend, max: 2.3 in.
- Width of Butt, max: 1.5 in.
- Butt-Pad Dimensions: 1.5x5.0 in.
* Specifications based on factory configuration.