Buy a combo pack and save!
- (3) Gen 3 S15 magazines
(1) Glock® 43X / 48 steel mag catch black nitride
The S15 magazine is a patent-pending, flush-fitting 15 round magazine for the Glock® 43X and Glock® 48. The S15 is a steel magazine, and is the same length as the OEM Glock® 10 round magazine, but holds an additional 5 rounds.
Increased Capacity, Same Reliability
Glock® pistols and magazines are known for reliability – the S15 maintains that same Glock® reliability, while giving you a 50% increase in magazine capacity in the same overall footprint.
The increased capacity is accomplished with their patent-pending magazine geometry, allowing the rounds to stagger, thereby fitting more in the same amount of space.
Proudly made in the USA.
Gen 3 Improvements
What changed with the gen 3 magazine? Shield Arms made the following improvements:
- New US-based manufacturer
- Modular tooling, allowing them to make the S15 and S10 magazines simultaneously
- Raised ribs on the back of the magazine allows them to fully match the OEM magazine position in the mag well, which should eliminate any tolerance stacking that results from Glock frame variations
- New steel, new coating, new heat treat process – their new steel is slightly thicker, tougher, and now comes with a new standard black nitrocarburized QPQ finish for a high degree of corrosion resistance
QPQ Nitrocarburizing Surface Treatment
QPQ Nitrocarburizing is a type of surface treatment used to enhance the durability and corrosion resistance of metal parts. The process involves heating the metal in a controlled environment, where nitrogen and carbon are introduced to the surface of the metal. This forms a thin layer of a hard compound called “nitrides,” which increase the surface hardness of the metal.
During the QPQ Nitrocarburizing process, the metal is immersed in a special salt bath and heated to high temperatures. The salt bath contains a mixture of chemicals that release nitrogen and carbon, which penetrate the surface of the metal. The process is carefully controlled to ensure that the nitrogen and carbon penetrate to a specific depth, creating a uniform layer of nitrides on the metal’s surface.
The resulting nitride layer provides many benefits to the metal parts, including increased hardness, wear resistance, and corrosion resistance. This treatment helps to increase the lifespan and durability of metal parts, making them more reliable and long-lasting.
Any “scuffing” you see in the surface finish is completely normal, and will not affect the durability or corrosion resistance of the steel.
Mag Catch Requirement
It is required to swap out your plastic OEM mag catch with either a Shield Arms standard steel mag catch or their premium steel mag catch. Here’s why. If you don’t swap your mag catch you may have reliability issues. If you use another manufacturer’s mag catch you may have reliability issues. S15 magazines were designed to work with Shield Arms steel mag catches.
- 15 round capacity
- Same length as an OEM Glock 43X/48 magazine
- Easy to remove, impact resistant base pad
- High lubricity finish options
- Made in the USA
Includes ambidextrous steel mag catch/mag release for the Glock® 43X and Glock® 48.
The Shield Arms mag catch is required to work with the Shield Arms S15 magazine. Using the steel mag catch with plastic OEM magazines can cause increased wear on plastic mags and OEM mags may not drop free. We do not recommend using this steel mag catch with plastic OEM mags. We recommend steel on steel or plastic on plastic.
If you have a first generation aluminum mag catch, it is required to upgrade to a Shield Arms steel mag catch.
- Steel mag catch, several finish options
- Compatible with all generations of S15 magazines
- Chamfered, textured button
- Optimized for use with Shield Arms S15 magazines
- Lower profile for concealed carry
- Made in the USA
- 100% lifetime warranty
- Installation Instructions
All Shield Arms manufactured products carry a lifetime warranty against failures or defects in workmanship, materials, manufacturing, and mechanical function, and is fully transferable. Warranty does NOT cover misuse of product or intentional damage/destruction. Additionally, Shield Arms offers a Spring for Life Guarantee – wear out your spring, get a new one for free, for life.